Attention High School Rodeo Association Seniors!! Its not too late for a few more scholarship opportunities. Outlined below are the requirements for each scholarship. More information and applications can be found here.
PRCA Gold Buckle Scholarship – two in the amount of $1,500 each
The Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) provides the funds for these two scholarships. PRCA, headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., is the largest and oldest rodeo-sanctioning body in the world. The recognized leader in professional rodeo, the PRCA is committed to maintaining the highest standards in the industry in every area, from improving working conditions for contestants and monitoring livestock welfare to boosting entertainment value and promoting sponsors. These scholarships will be awarded to the two (2) individuals that most value the traditions and legacy for which the PRCA stands. The ideal candidates will plan to join the PRCA, chase the gold buckle and become ambassadors for the sport of professional rodeo.
- Plans to compete with the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association on a collegiate rodeo team.
- Must be competing on NIRA collegiate team in a minimum of one PRCA sanctioned discipline, which includes only: team roping, steer wrestling, tie-down roping, bareback riding, saddle bronc riding and bull riding. :
In addition to NHSR Foundation Scholarship application requirements you must submit a 2-3 minute video addressing the question: What would it mean to you, to be a member of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association?
- Please state the name of the NIRA school you will be attending in the fall within the video
- Video must be the original work of the applicant
- Videos under 2 minutes or longer than 3 minutes will not be eligible for consideration and the application for the Gold Buckle scholarship will be considered incomplete
- Deadline: 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 16, 2017
- Email video to: email@example.com
- Winning video essay(s) may be used for promotional purposes including the winners name, picture and likeness to promote the PRCA, the sport of rodeo and related PRCA events.
ProRodeo Hall of Fame Western Heritage Scholarship – in the amount of $500
The ProRodeo Hall of Fame provides the funds for this scholarship. It will be awarded to an individual who exemplifies Western Heritage, the Code of the West and living by Cowboy Ethics in his or her everyday life. The recipient of this scholarship should live the cowboy lifestyle every day and not just on weekends while attending a rodeo. He or she should be proud of their western heritage, promote it to others and be a role model for not only their peers, but people of all ages. Their behavior and the way they live their life should symbolize ethics, responsibility, honesty, pride, hard work, fairness and trust.
Additional Application Requirement:
In addition to the NHSR Foundation Scholarship application requirements you must submit an additional 250 word (minimum) essay answering the following question:
“In what ways do I live my life daily that exemplifies Western Heritage and shows that I am a role model for the cowboy lifestyle and symbolize ethics, responsibility, honesty, pride, hard work, fairness and trust?”
Turn your Western Heritage essay in to the PRCA booth in the Trade Show to be eligible for this scholarship. Make sure your name and state/province are on the essay.
- Turn your application, transcripts and Foundation essay in to the Foundation Office
- Deadline for both: 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 16, 2017